Fan conventions like PAX, GenCon, ComicCon, and the like are fascinating places to ponder the psychology of fandom. How do people develop understandings of how to behave in such environments? What rituals and shorthand do they use to identify and communicate with each other? Why do we behave as we do while elbowing our way through crowded convention halls …you know, back when you could do that kind of thing and someday when you will be able to again?
These are the kinds of questions I’ll answer with the help of my guest expert on this episode of the podcast.
- Subscribe in iTunes here
- Listen or subscribe on Spotify
- Listen or subscribe on Stitcher
- Or just search for “Psychology of Games” in whatever you use to listen to podcasts
- All previous podcast episodes
- “Robot Motivation” by The Polish Ambassador, licensed under Creative Commons: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
- Chill Waveby Kevin MacLeod
You must log in to post a comment.