Do you ever get nostalgic for the way video games used to be? Return to any old favorites when you need an emotional pick-me-up? I share a lecture I recently gave on the psychology behind nostalgia, that bittersweet remembrance of times past. We’ll explore why nostalgia has led to so many remakes, remasters, and reboots of old gaming franchises. And why that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
Are you one of my suave and sophisticated Patreon supporters? If so, you get an ad-free version of this and all other podcasts. Check your secret Patreon feed!
Listen on Your Preferred Device
- Listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Listen or subscribe on Spotify
- Listen or subscribe on Stitcher
- Or just search for “Psychology of Games” in whatever you use to listen to podcasts
- All previous podcast episodes