Every group is different in some way. I’ve written on the website and talked with previous podcast guests about mental health as it related to games and gamers, and sometimes it seems like there are unique challenges (and opportunities) that people in the gaming community face when it comes to these issues.
And what about the people who WORK in the gaming industry? Let’s face it: the gaming industry is frequently a rough place to work.
I mean, wouldn’t it be nice if there were organizations out there that were dedicated to helping people in the gaming communities cope, be healthy, and get the help they need? Wouldn’t it be great if there were someone offering aid in our quest to get through life healthy, happy, well prepared? Well, I’m going to talk to someone from one such organization that has adopted the mission to do just that.
- Are you Patreon supporter? Get ad-free versions of the podcast AND bonus podcasts at https://www.patreon.com/pog/membership under “Private RSS Link”
- Subscribe in iTunes here
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Just search for “Psychology of Games” in whatever you use to listen to podcasts
- All previous podcast episodes
- State of the Industry 2019: Mental Health in the Games Industry free white paper
- Gardens of Fog, a D&D 5E adventure
- DrB on Twitter
- “Robot Motivation” by The Polish Ambassador, licensed under Creative Commons: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
- One Sly Move by Kevin MacLeod. Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/5759-blippy-trance License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/