Below is a list of what I consider “the best of” psychologyofgames.com so far. It’s a subjective list, but it’s roughly based on my happiness with the articles, the amount and quality of discussion in the comments, and how often it’s been shared around the ‘net.
- The Psychology of Immersion
- Why We Get Nostalgic About Good Old Games
- APB: All Points Bulletin or Aggregated Payment Bias? Both.
- Anonymity and Antisocial Behavior
- Endowed Progress Effect and Game Quests
- The Status Quo Effect (Or, Pay Without Play)
- The Seven Psychological Sins of Sim City Social
- Three Reasons We Buy Those Crazy Steam Bundles
- Phat Loot and Neurotransmitters in World of Warcraft
- Trials Evolution, Social Comparisons and Second Place
- The Psychology of Game of the Year Debates
Wait, that’s like 11, isn’t it? Well, whatever. The math is close enough for psychology.