Media psychologists have studied those judgments and choices in the context of other types of media, and they’re starting to look at them in the unique context of video games. What effects does the morality on display in games have on how we play games and how we enjoy them? How does our own morality come into play? Even if we’re not making choices about our avatar’s behavior in a game, does seeing him/her act in moral or immoral ways affect how much we’re going to enjoy the game or what we’re going to think of it once the credits roll?
These are the kinds of questions I’ll tackle with the aid of this episode’s expert guest, Dr. Matthew Grizzard.
- Subscribe in iTunes here
- Podcast RSS Feed: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pog/podcast
- All the previous episodes
(Also, remember that Patreon supporters get an ad-free version of the podcast. It’s a fact!)
- “Robot Motivation” by The Polish Ambassador, licensed under Creative Commons: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0/li>
- Chill Wave by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- Ultima 4 Soundtrack on YouTube